Up

Well, here I am awake in the middle of the night while my men (the little oen and the big one) sleep. For some reason I was hungry and my brain wouldn't turn off. So I got up, had some warm milk with maple syrup and went upstairs to work on house projects for a bit. I'm still wide awake so, what better thing to do at 2:30am then blog? We've been so occupied with the house remodel as well as watching the first season of 'Lost' that I haven't kept my blogs up to date lately.

Lucas is one happy kid these days. He grins and grins and grins. He lifts his eyebrows and looks at you like you are both in on a good joke. This week we had to leave the house a couple of days because we had a chimney torn down to help make more space in the kitchen remodel. Definately didn't want to be home for that, so we went and hung out with Ruth and Sylas. At one point on Friday Sylas was lying near Lucas and began kicking him in the head (i know, sounds terrible--stay with me here). I was about to move Lucas when he paused and then went, "HEH." Sylas kicked him again and he went, "HEHEH." Kick "heh." By this point I was laughing about as hard as I have in a long time. What the heck do you do with a kid who thinks it is hilarious to get kicked in the head?

He's also wriggling on his belly around on the floor and in the past day or so has begun pushing up on his hands and knees and rocking. He loves standing against the couch, too. He'll walk early. But I don't think he'll be talking early. He doesn't really have any sylables he is practicing. He just growls. We drive around and he still in the back seat going, "Errrraaahh! Errrrraaah!" To which, of course, being the good mom I am, I reply, "Raaarrraaah!" He's really doing a lot for my conversation skills.

The boy is a great eater. 3 meals a day already--mostly so I can also get in 3 meals a day, since anytime I'm having something to eat he gets mad if he can't participate. His favorite food is Cheerios. However, since little men should not live on cheerios alone I also manage to get plenty of sweet potato, avocado, banana, brown rice, pear and other stuff into him. And tofu. This week I think I'll try egg yolk and green beans. It's tough only being able to introduce a new food every few days (to make certain he's not allergic) since he's so cute when he eats I want to feed him whatever I'm munching on.

He's finally sleeping in his own room (pics soon...every room in the house is still in process. Next month is going to be so nice as projects begin to move toward completion! I'm looking forward to March). I can't believe how glorious it is to read in bed again, to fall asleep talking with Jeff, to just jump in to bed without worrying about how much rustling and creaking I'm making in the process. Oh, the things I took for granted pre-baby.
Last big recent advancement in Lucas' life is that he's beginning to be bilingual. We are teaching him sign language. So far it is just us signing to him but supposidly in a month or 2 he'll sign back and then the really fun starts. We are working on "eat" and "milk" and "more" as well as a few others. "Up." "Bird." "Sleep." I can't wait to teach him "airplane" and "tiger."

1 Comments:
At 12:19 PM,
elnellis said…
hey lucas
i've told a few people how much you loved me kicking you in the head - well my mummy has and she laughs so hard every time. she thinks your such a cutie with your big smiling eyes that 'everythings a joke' look. can't wait till we can start adventures together:)
kicks, sylas
Post a Comment
<< Home